Boy or Girl?
Do you have your heart set on getting pregnant with a girl? Or dreams of getting pregnant with a boy? Giving birth to a baby is most certainly your top priority, however, it is common to want a choice of a baby boy or girl. It is even more common if you already had a baby (or two, or three) of the opposite gender! Here is all you need to know about gender determination.
Understanding The Basics
Whether your baby is a boy or a girl is determined by the chromosome the baby inherits from its father. The egg from you (the mother) always contains an X (female) chromosome, but the sperm contains either a female or a Y (male) chromosome. When the egg is fertilized, the chromosomes come together. If they are XY a baby boy is conceived and if they are XX a baby girl is conceived.
Top Tips For Conceiving A Baby Boy
- Coincide the day of ovulation with sex.
- Have lots of sex, preferably in the morning, and lie on your right side.
- Deep penetrative sex.
- Have sex on odd rather than even days of the month.
- Consume an energy drink, caffeine, or some chocolate before having sex.
- You should not hold back on having an orgasm.
- Request your partner to ditch the tight undies and put on some boxers (cooler testicles help to favour boy sperm).
- Have a little more salt in your diet (just a LITTLE more).
- Never skip breakfast.
Top Tips For Conceiving A Baby Girl
- Have sex 2.5-4 days before you ovulate especially the day when you finish your period
- Avoid deep penetration
- Consume foods that support a more acidic vaginal pH (such as green leafy vegetables, whole grains, meat, sweets, and blueberries)
- Eat foods with a higher concentration of vinegar, fruit juices and pickles.
- Avoid eating nuts, especially almonds.
It is only natural to imagine your future child. You may even have hopes for what he or she will be like next time. However, it’s vital to keep in mind that determining the sex of your baby is not usually within your control.
Every child is unique. Just because you have a little girl does not mean that you have to give up hopes of the fun things you imagined doing with a son. Likewise, just because you are successful in your quest to have a little boy does not mean life will be exactly what your imagination predicted.
If you find yourself feeling extreme disappointment, resentment, or struggling to bond with your child for any reason, do speak up. Talk to us via our email at [email protected] or send us a DM on Instagram. If not, talk to your healthcare provider or a trained therapist to help you work through your feelings.