Thinking of what to prepare without much preparation and still able to satisfy the stomach of your loved ones? It might be easier to get a take-away, but sometimes we are tired of eating outside food and you just want to whip a healthy and nutritious meal within half an hour. Today, let us share with you a recipe by @andreatrancherochef from @Barilla on how you can stay healthy while still getting your stomach filled with happiness.
Red Lentil Fusilli with Prawns, Zucchini & Basilico Sauce
- Bring plenty of water to boil in a large pot
- In a frying pan, add a small amount of oil and garlic, then add chilli and the prawn tails seasoning with salt, sprinkle with wine and cook for a few minutes.
- Remove the prawns and keep aside.
- Add the sauce in the fry pan and simmer for 3 mins.
- Meanwhile add salt (7g for 1litre of water) drop the pasta and cook according to the packet instructions.
- 4 minutes before the pasta is ready, add in cut zucchini into the pasta water.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and toss into the frying pan, add prawns and a little cooking water.
- Allow the pasta to absorb all “juices”in the frying pan, finish with lemon zest and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Barilla, the #1 pasta maker in Italy, has joined the plant-based pasta game by introducing a new legume pasta range in Singapore. Made exclusively with one ingredient only – legume flour – Barilla’s new legume pasta series promotes a tasty solution that is naturally rich in plant-based proteins and fiber, while also being gluten-free and Non-GMO (non-genetically modified).
The mouth-watering range will comprise of four variants: Chickpea Casarecce, Chickpea Rotini, Red Lentil Penne and Red Lentil Rotini. All four pastas are high in protein, attributed to the properties of legumes, and have been designed to provide an al dente texture within a suggested cooking time range of 7 to 9 minutes.
With over 140 years of rich heritage in pasta making, Barilla prides itself as a brand that makes quality pasta according to Italian gastronomy standards. As a brand, Barilla is constantly innovating and improving its products to provide people with high-quality foods that are healthy, sourced from responsible supply chains and inspired by the Italian lifestyle and Mediterranean Diet.
As food trends start shifting towards healthier, wholesome diets, the launch of Barilla’s legume pasta range in Singapore comes at the right time for health-conscious individuals who want to enjoy the full nutritional benefits of legumes.
The legume series are now available to purchase from Cold Storage, FairPrice Finest, Amazon and Redmart and cost SGD$4.95. Final prices at the discretion of the retailer.
About The Barilla Group
Founded in Parma in 1877 from a bakery and pasta-making store, Barilla is now one of Italy’s biggest food groups, world leader on the pasta market and number one in ready-to-use sauces in mainland Europe, bakery products in Italy and crispbreads in the Scandinavian countries. The Barilla Group has 28 production sites (14 in Italy and 14 abroad) and exports to more than 100 countries.